Friday, December 2, 2011

Mistakes Lead to Revenge

Authors Note: This story is about a girl who notices her life flash before her eyes.



It was a cold snowy day. Almost as snowy as the day I lost my best friend, Andrea. We didn’t mean to kill her...at least I didn’t. Some people may say she is just gone, but to me she is always here, and I mean it.
“Andrea! It’s time for you to wake up!”
I looked outside my window, and one look at the snow made me shiver. As I got out of my warm bed, I put on my favorite pink shirt with my blue faded jeans. When I walk down the stairs I made some Eggo waffles and noted that we needed more syrup.
“Andrea! Stop taking your time we have to go!” And that would be my sister Monica. The perfect blond haired skinny girl. Of course she gets all the looks and I’m stuck with chunky thighs and nasty strawberry blond hair. I swear life is never fair!
When we pulled up to the school, all my friends came rushing up to me like they had a big secret to tell me. “Andrea did you hear Zac Findel likes you!” Exclaimed my best friend Maria. “I asked him last night and he said he would so totally go out with you!”
    “Wait....you like Zac?” Oh my gosh I forgot about Kathryn! Kathryn Evergreen is a tall blond (kind of looks like my sister). She hangs out with us, but I don’t really like talking to her because she always gets her way.
“Sorry Kathryn I totally forgot you liked him” That sounded good right? I mean how else do I say it? Oh crap she’s walking away like she’s so angry. “Ignore her!” Shouted Maria. “She can’t get everything she wants!” Maria screamed that almost like Kathryn was meant to hear it but, I guess she needed to hear that soon or later.
    “How was school to day Andrea?” I wanted to answer amazing, outstanding, fa nominal but for some reason I felt terrible. I know Kathryn always gets what she wants but, maybe it’s just better that way.
“It was okay mom.” As I ran up to my room I noticed a red jacket in my backyard. Almost like the one Kathryn was wearing today. “Mom is someone in the backyard?” No one answered. Hmm maybe I should go see what’s going on. I grabbed my Northface and walked outside.
On the corner of my eye I noticed a movement. A breeze struck me. And there was another one after that. “Hello? Who’s out there?” Well it’s probably just my mind playing tricks on me. As I walk to the back door this is for real. I feel eyes staring me down. I tried to turn around but before I had a chance someone grabbed me and pulled my hair as hard as they could. “STOP IT!! HELP HELP! SOMEONE!” I tried to scream as loud as I could but, the louder I screamed the more they pulled. Finally the person whispered in my ear, “Stop yelling! If you yell I will...I will ummm Kill you! Yeah that’s it I will kill you!” After they said that I heard giggling in the background. I howllerd, “You guys this isn’t funny stop joking around!” I heard a pause.”Okay fine!” I should have known it was Kathryn, Maria, and all my other friends! Maria smiled at me and said, “Haha we scared you good!” Well of course they scared me good! I didn’t say anything back. I was frustrated at them! “Oh come on! It was a joke!” I looked at her with tears in my eyes, “A joke? You almost gave me a heart attack! Why would you do that to me?” Her smile started to fade, “You were really that scared?” But, before I had a chance to answer I ran aways balling.
    It was almost time for bed. I hope I can forget about that whole night. Ring Ring! Ring Ring! Who would be calling me at 10 at night?
“Hello?”
“Hey. Andrea it’s me. Zac”
“Oh hey Zac!”
“Um look outside your window!”
“Why”
“Just do it!”
I opened my window and nothing was there. I tried to ask Zac what was going on, but he hung up.
I looked outside my window again. “Zac, are you out there?” I asked again. No one replied. So I decided to just close the window and go to bed.
Right as I crawled into my cozy bed the doorbell went off. Of course my parents had to be out tonight and Monica was at the movies with her boyfriend. I quickly got out of my bed and ran down the stairs.
As I took a deep breath I opened the door. No one was there. I screamed, “What’s going on?” I walked out a couple steps, and I should have never because right before my eyes was Kathryn Evergreen and a knife.
As I woke up, there was blood everywhere and a knife stabbed right in my heart. I saw Maria and Kathryn yelling at each other. I didn’t know what was going on. I walked towards them and smiled, “Guys it’s okay! I’m fine. Can we just go to the hospital so I don’t you know die....you guys?” They just continued to talk like they didn’t see me or something. I slowly turned around and noticed my body still laying on the floor. Oh my gosh. I think I’m....dead.
    It really hurts to sit here all alone watching my friends live their lives. I just wish I could remember everything that happened that night. “Maria, she’s gone! I didn’t mean to hurt anyone! Let’s just say she ran away or something!” Is that Kathryn? Why is she making up lies? Now it’s all coming back to me. Kathryn, the knife, waking up with blood around me. Kathryn was my murder! But, why would she do this to me? Like it matters, all I know is there is always revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment