Monday, November 21, 2011

The Lie That Can't Be Told

 Authors Note: This essay is about the book "The Lying Game" and how I can connect with it.

How would you react to seeing your long lost twin dead? This is a question most people do not ask themselves. Sara Shepard's “The Lying Game” explains an understanding of how life can’t be perfect, with the main character, Emma, staying strong and only wanting to find out who and what happened to her sister can really inspire you. However, those who do live this terrifying life know how hard and crazy it can be.

While you’re reading this breathtaking book you will not want to stop reading. It’s like an addiction you can’t get a hold of. You won’t want to stop because the book is so thrilling and interesting at the same time. Even though you can’t relate to the book, it still feels like you’re apart of it.

When I think about living the life Emma lived, I wouldn’t be able to be as brave as her because I don’t have as much confidence in myself. She really is an inspiration to all teenage girls, the way she keeps fighting for her dead sister and never gives up even though she never met her twin.   

One of my biggest connections to this book was when Emma’s friends pulled a prank on Emma's worst enemy, Nisha. It’s fine to have a little fun and pull a funny prank, but when you make it look like she killed someone, that’s too far. Emma felt really bad and you could tell she wished her friends had never done that.  I knew how Emma felt because I personally think that is outrageous and I can’t believe her friends would do that.

That’s not the only thing that Emma’s friends did though, they pulled a lot of pranks on girls that I thought were cruel. When I really got into the book, I finally realized that Emma’s sister was really an evil person. If I was Emma I wouldn’t even look for my sister’s killer anymore. I would notice that she probably died because she was so mean to everyone. Instead I would just take her life.

As you can see this is what I mean by saying that Emma’s life is crazy. I know that if I lived this insane life I wouldn’t be able to handle it as good as she did. I hope that I will never have to live the way Emma did.

No comments:

Post a Comment