Friday, May 18, 2012

I Fancy British Accents

Author's Note: For class, our teachers gave us the idea to write down three truths and one lie. After reading our truths and lies we picked a truth or lie to write about. My story is about how much I fancy British accents. Do you think this is a truth or a lie?

How come everything sounds so much more intelligent when it’s in a British accent? This is a question I tend to ask myself a lot, but do not succeed to find an answer. It’s like people in the United Kingdom could say the dumbest thing, but it would still sound as smart as a scientist because of their mesmerizing accent.

Not only that, but when people are British they always seem more attractive. Their voices just scream out at you and you instantly fall in love. Believe it or not, but it’s the truth. Look at the band One Direction. Do you really think their just famous for just their music? I mean, their music is phenomenal, but it helps their fame that they’re good looking and have amazing accents. Harry Potter too has a British accent. That is one of my favorite movie series and one of the reasons why it is, is because of their accents. British accents just make me so happy.

If you think of the negatives for British accents you could name a lot too. Like the fact that if I was British, I would probably think American accents were cool. Everyone talks different, but in the end, everyone really has an accent that suits themselves as a person. I hope one day I will meet a very sweet person with a British accent just so when I’m down their voice can cheer me up. 

1 comment: