Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Is Friendship Really Gone?


Author's Note: One day in L.A. I was super bored and decided to vent my feelings about friendship. You might agree or disagree with me on this topic. Leave a comment below about what you think. Enjoy. 


Friendship. What is it really? Trust, honesty, love, are those really the meanings of friendship? They are, but does anyone follow? No. The world we now live in is untrustworthy, the only honesty one can say is rude and wrong. Love, no one takes it seriously, they hurt each other and disrespect. So how can a friendship be real if there are no characteristics to explain the meaning? The answer is, it can't. Real friendship everyone used to have, is now gone. 

Only five years old and the little girls smile at each other holding out their pinkies, "I pinkie swear." Why can't it be this easy? Just a simple pinkie swear means the biggest thing to their friendship! A pinkie swear shows the other I will never tell your secret. Why is it now if I have something to say that I don't want anyone, but one person to know I have to literally get down on my nee and ask for them not to tell anyone. Why can't I just make this as easy as a pinkie swear and know they will never tell? I can't. It's not that simple because what we know call "trust" is nothing.

It seems as if a friendship is more of a competition. You say one thing, the other feels the need to say something better. You ask about what you should wear and your friends respond with telling you to wear something that you know won't look good on you. Why is it that way? If your friend is helping you pick out your outfit you would think they would help you find something to make you look your best. The honesty friends now say to each other goes way to far and hurts. 

Love. It's simple. It's all the characteristics of the good combined, but in love there is also mistakes. It's understandable to make mistakes because you're human and everyone does, but if you're treated like anything I said in my paragraphs your friend isn't using the right version of love. The meaning of a true  friendship is gone. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally see what your getting at with this piece. In most people, true friendship is gone. I blame it on the world we live in but, I think you really captured it in this piece, not just saying that as your friend, but your really did. Great job.:)

    ReplyDelete