Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mistakes Can Lead To Danger


Author's Note: For my prediction piece I decided to change the story up a bit. I did this because I wanted people to see a side of Cody's life that a lot of people don't have. At the end I wanted to put a twist to keep you wondering what happens next. I hope you enjoy this prediction piece about a young boy stealing treasure and a hook. 


Cody Miller looked down at the treasure and hook feeling many emotions. "What have I done?" He thought to himself. A pinch of gilt went through his stomach. "Cody! Where are you?" His mother called. Quickly Cody hid the treasure and the hook. "Hello mother." Cody responded shakily. "We're in luck! Someone had a feast last night and threw a lot away. Your father found the food in the garbage." My mother said with joy. I smiled at the fact that I was actually eating tonight. Grabbing, a slice of bread and a petite chicken piece, I walked to our family room: a room with a table and a couple of chairs. "It's nice to have food tonight." My mother spoke. When suddenly I got an idea. 

After dinner I went to where I hid the treasure and hook then ran to my mom. "Mother! Look what I found!" My mom turned and saw what I was holding. "Cody! No! You must return that to where you found it!" I looked down in confusion.   "Why can't we keep it? We need food mother. We only eat once every two days." She just stood there. "This is Clarence Buchanan's, don't you understand: if we're found with this we could be arrested." I looked at her with frustration. "We can be rich mom! Isn't that what you want?" She teared up and pulled me in for a hug while whispering. "I know, and your father and I are trying, but you need to understand this treasure and hook belongs to someone else." I looked at the items I was holding and anger struck through me as I ran out of my home and into the woods. I could hear my mom screaming for me to come back, but I kept running. I can't believe this I thought to myself. And with that thought, I ran to the one place where I knew someone would want this, the police. 

1 comment:

  1. NICELY DONE, A CERTAINLY NEW PERSPECTIVE FOR CODY AND HIS PARENTS.

    ReplyDelete