Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Proud to Be an American

Authors Note: Am I proud of my country? Of course I am! This story is all about how proud I am to live where I live.


Everyone has something to be thankful for, and the one thing I'm thankful for is how lucky I am to live in this country. If you think about all the problems other places have, we are really lucky for the outstanding country we live in. We have one thing no one else has and that's freedom. I know I’m proud of my country, are you?
You might ask me, why are you so proud of your country? I could name so many reasons but, these are the reasons that come to mind. We have peace. This means we have freedom from disturbance.  Peace isn’t just freedom though; it’s so much more than that. Peace is how lucky we are for the protection we have. We live our everyday lives not thinking anything bad is going to happen.
Now when we think of peace, we think of our army. Without our army we wouldn’t have a safe home. We wouldn’t be able to say I am safe where I live and I know it. Those are the things other countries wish they could say.  It’s really remarkable how people in the United States are so proud of this country that they would want to be in the army because their saving other lives. They really inspire me.
When I say we have freedom, I mean we really have freedom. In other countries they have rules that woman cannot drive. The only reason they can’t do anything is because people think girls are just for cleaning and cooking. We deserve more than that. We deserve to be treated better than that. It really makes me frustrated that they think girls aren’t important. That’s another reason why I love the United States. They allow girls to do anything they want. That is how it should be. Were allowed to drive, work, were even allowed to join the army.
When I name all those reasons why I am proud of this country, I really understand how thankful our country should be. If you aren’t proud of the place you live in that would blow my mind. I just hope that our country stays like this forever.           

No comments:

Post a Comment